Thursday, August 11, 2016

Today like promised I share my core value number two. Which one do you think it is?

Beyond integrity the one other thing i value is excellence. Whatever it is I am doing, if i cannot give my all to it, then I would rather not do it. My work is laced with the touch of excellence irrespective of whether anyone is watching or not. 

Excellence for me means doing all that is within your power to produce the very best results there can be on any project you are working on. What this means is that you can not settle for anything less than the best you can offer. It means studying to understand what best practices are there in whatever you are doing and pursuing them wholeheartedly. It means going out of your comfort zone and pushing yourself beyond your limits to get it right.
Excellence is not perfection, it is making sure you live yourself on your work. It means making sure there was nothing more you could do.

I apply this to my life, my work, my ministry, my parenting and virtually everything I do. if I cannot do it well, I'd rather not do it. What is excellence to you? Do you value excellence in others? Do you value it in yourself?Are you being excellent at what you are doing?

Our God is an excellent God and He made us in His image. How is your life reflecting that excellence? I choose to do it in everything that I do. I invite you to join me.

Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment